Placing a customer on hold is like parking a customer in front of a billboard, but the billboard is blank. Why isn’t your business logo and message there? So let’s seize that opportunity. Find out what’s possible with SOUNDMARKETING.
We offer a varied selection of professional Voice Artists and music for your on hold system, please listen to our current selection.
Our on hold audio client base ranges from small local businesses right up to large corporates with multiple sites.
Just fill in the simple form and get your first on hold sample for free.
Speak to callers who have already indicated an interest in your business. How do we know they are interested? Because they’ve already called your business and are waiting on hold to speak to someone. Take that opportunity to ENGAGE!
No one likes waiting. Customers left on hold without any background music felt that a 30 second on hold call actually lasted 90 seconds. And yet, customers thought a 30 second on hold call that utilised on-hold audio lasted only 15 seconds.
A research firm found that when callers were presented with on hold messaging versus silence or radio commercial they: would stay on hold longer, were likely to exhibit interest in the product advertised, were more likely to retain information, and were less agitated.
88% also said they would stay on the line longer if provided with on hold, and would like to to hear product information. Roughly 20% said they had made a purchase based on an offer they heard whilst on hold.
Callers stay on the line upto 25% longer when provided with on-hold messaging versus “dead air” or background music, and up to 17% longer than radio.
34% of callers who hang up will not call back. Studies also show that after an average of 1 minute and 55 seconds of hold time most callers hang up annoyed.
Poor on-hold costs customers. One study found that of the 8-15% of a company’s customer base that is lost each year, a startling 68% leave due to indifferent or negative treatment whilst calling.
Despite all of this, on-hold rarely gets the necessary care. 94% of all marketing budgets are spent on getting a customer to call. While the remaining 6% is spent on handling the call, once it’s received.
Working with UK Businesses
Our Dedicated Account Managers take responsibility for ensuring audio productions are always up to date
Our SM Cloud online systems make managing your audio messages simple
In-house studios, production and scripting ensure we can keep our promise of 48 hour turnaround
As the only audio company backed by marketing businesses we have a unique insight into branding